Happy 14th Birthday, Hakimi

Happy 14th Birthday, dear firstborn. 

I am proud of the person you have become today. You have grown into a responsible young man who knows who you are and what you want to be.

Life will throw you many curveballs, some of which will throw you off balance and sometimes into the pit. You will meet all sorts of people – nice, kind ones, nasty ones, and sometimes outright horrible, terrible, manipulative ones.  As long as you know who you are, and what your values are, you will always summon the courage to get back up, and know when and where to draw the line.

Live an intentional life, as life is too precious to be wasted without intention.  You want to be able to look back and say to yourself, "I have lived a full life". Always put yourself first, but always be kind about it. Always speak your mind, but learn how to be strategic about it. 

Kimi,

A lot of my firsts were and will be with you. Along the way, I have learnt a lot but I have also made many, many, horrible mistakes, and will continue making them. Sometimes these mistakes cost you, and for that, I am truly sorry. This parenting thing, honey, I will never be good at, but please know I am trying my best to be a better parent than the ones before me. 

No matter what life throws at me, I will keep showing up for you. Some days I will fail, but I will do my best. 

Kimi,

I pray to Allah for Him to always keep you safe, and bless you with all the wonderful things in the world. I pray that He blesses you with happiness and a life of contentment. I pray for Him to always put you in good company, and that you will always be in the presence of good people who will care and love you. I pray that you become a good Muslim, and be of benefit to those around you. 

As long as I live, I love you and I will always do.  And I will always be by your side (except those times when you keep flexing your muscles).


Mami & Kimi
Desa Balqis, Lebaran 2022

Comments

Popular Posts