When Memories Fail You...

...you need something to help you to remember. 

Which is why I love my photobooks. 

I have many books on many topics. Yearly highlights, honeymoon, pregnancies, kids’ first years and birthdays. You see, when you get older (ehem), it gets harder for you to recall a specific moment. Pictures help trigger those memories, but not only that, they can also bring you back to that particular moment. Almost like teleporting. 

Obviously, I have no scientific data to proof this so you’re just gonna have to trust me on this. =D

When I flip through our honeymoon book, they remind me of, you know, things. *giggles* New experience everyday. When I flip through my first pregnancy book, I see myself in the white room I was in, feeling conscious of my bulging belly, unsure of how to pose in front of the photographer, the kinda fake smiles I did (because honestly I am the least photogenic person I've ever known). I also remember how fascinated I was with a curtain panel our photographer used to conceal his kitchen's entrance, and I remember thinking, “eh kalau aku ada rumah nanti I want to hide my kitchen with panels like those”. I still want those panels, but  I can’t decide if they’d look good in my house.

Then there is Kimi's First 100 days. To be honest, without the albums, I wouldn't even be able to recognise Kimi from his baby pictures. I mean, all babies look the same. Tiny and wrinkly. Cute, nonetheless, but, come on.  Babies are supposed to be cute. Then there is a book for yearly highlights. Hakimi masuk sekolah in 2012, and there is a full page dedicated to his first day in school. You know I cried? Yes I cried on my son's very first day in school. There is a full page spread for his first sports day. I cried too. I could still feel the sense of pride I felt when I saw him marching on the running track, so comel with two pom poms tied to his wrists. 

Then came 2013, I made a book for  Hadi's First Year. Yang ni belum sentimental lagi sebab baru jadi kan? But yeah. You get the drift, I'll get sentimental when I flip through the book prolly another 3 years down the road. 

I could go on and on, but like I said, you get the drift. I love my photobooks. It's a way for me to express my feelings, much like this blog, but with pictures. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things Hadi Said

Happy Belated First Father's Day!

A,B,C,...K for Kimi!