To My Dear Son, Hakimi

My dear son, Kimi.

You are going to be twelve this coming October 2020.

Twelve, my son. It seems like yesterday that I had just given birth to you, sent you off to your pre-school, and stalked you on your first day of primary school.

I haven't written much for you, in fact for anyone because blogs have gone out of style I guess. But somehow this week I wanted to write something for you. As I am writing this, we are apart from each other, you in Johor with your grandparents and adik, ayah in KL while I am far away in Indonesia.

Last night you called me, and it struck me that, you have grown so, so much. Your voice has changed. Thankfully your voice changed when we were in KL together observing MCO so I wasn't that surprised but somehow when you called me last night, it struck me that you are now a pre-teen that I might not have much time with you anymore.

Very soon, you will have your group of friends, your interests that I no longer understand, and we will grow apart from each other. I will be the uncool mom trying to understand, speaking your teen language and you would be embarrassed by my trying to be cool.

Truth be told, I don't care. I just want to be close with you guys now that you can be embarrassed of me everyday I don't care.

My dear son, I miss you so, so, so, much.

I regret those times that I didn't make much time for you. I am sorry for those times when other things come first before you. I am sorry I wasn't a good mom.

I miss you so, so much. If I could turn back time I would do things 1000 times differently. I would hug you every single day, I would tell you I love you every, single day.


Mami misses you, Hakimi. 

Comments

Popular Posts