aChieaJanie Turned 11

...on August 12th. Yep two months ago, I forgot to write about it. In fact I should've written this entry when it turned 10 years last year, but I haven't been blogging much.

11 years old. Kalau anak, aku dah kena dengar dia bebel pasal girlfriend agaknya. 

Since 2010, the last time I "analysed" my own posts, which also happened to be the year I blogged most since I graduated eight years ago, aChieaJanie has seen a downward trend in blog posts. 

Yeap I sound like an amateur economist already. 

I think the decline was due to me not having much to blog anymore, I mean, Hakimi's already walking, talking, gone to school, I was over the pureeing-freezing, breastfeeding phase... Kimi was (still is) the main subject of this blog.

That's a screen cap of the blog's label cloud.
You see how much I've written about Kimi over the years compared to other subjects? 

No, it doesn't mean I love Kimi any lesser. It's just that, over time, I just didn't feel the need to showcase my children's milestone anymore - no, I'm not less proud of him, I am just, to put it bluntly, over the first-time parent excitement already. Not that there's anything wrong with being excited over your first-born, but after few years that excitement wears off. Parenting has become more complex than dealing with unsolicited advices and now looking back, my dilemma over what kind of toys to buy for Kimi seemed like such a waste of brain space. Plastic containers and cheap ikea kitchen utensils are enough to satisfy their curiosity. Jimat storage space, jimat duit. 

Anyways, I think the biggest factor for the blog post decline was that Instagram happened to us in 2011. 

When Hadi came in 2013, as opposed to his brother who got monthly milestone updates, he gets #harihariHadi on instagram. The #harihariHadi appeared almost everyday on IG and FB. His monthly updates are in form of pictures. Mami loves you just the same honey, I am just embracing technology. =) 

By 2014, the word "blog" seemed to disappear from my to-do list, I think it disappears from the cyberspace when it is more convenient for moms to express their feelings in 140 characters (made possible by newly invented shortcuts). Most of my blogging friends including those that I know through blogs have also moved to those more convenient medium. 

Tapi sebenarnya, despite the technology changes and updates, I am glad that I blogged a lot about Hakimi back then because now, I can't remember much about him growing up. Well, ada lah bits of memories here and there, but I don't remember his cute, chubby face when he was one. I have forgotten how adorable his morning smiles were. I have forgotten the silly questions he asked. Nak, mami makin tua nak, tak boleh ingat semua.

Nowadays nak tulis satu entry pun berjam-jam. I can't write cheesy entries anymore because I have forgotten how to. 

So there you go. 11 years of blogging, from I was a teeny weeny emotional (still am) student to a full time working mom of two; from stories about how bitchy a friend was to how beautiful life can be. Life is good.  


Comments

Pie said…
Masih lagi bertahan sampai sekarang. Keep on writing Ajan! Kau antara budak2 RPI yang masih lagi menulis blog. Terbaik.

- Pie
Elle Abdollah said…
I just love reading this post. Aku a bit regret that I didn't do that for Adam. Like you, was embracing Instagram & FB. Blogging says more that just pictures huh.

Popular Posts